Well turning, boring and tapping to be precise. I made the extruder nozzle and PTFE heat barrier this evening :-
I am making a mixture of an older RepRap design and the latest, mainly because I bought the parts before the design was changed. I made a small modification to the nozzle design. You are supposed to use a bottoming tap to thread the inside of the PTFE tube. As I don't have one of those, I drilled the hole 5mm deeper to accommodate the tapered end of the tap. I also turned the last 5mm of the nozzle down instead of threading it. I should have made the PTFE tube 5mm longer but I forgot so I have slightly less heat barrier.
I am not totally happy with the nozzle because I bent it while I was threading it with a die. I don't think it will affect the operation it just looks a bit scrappy. Here they are screwed together and inserted into the clamp :-
I need to add the heating element next.